Thursday, July 9, 2009

Showers and stresses

My sister informed me yesterday that my shower invitations went out. This got me very excited - we're getting close! And to this point, I'm surprised about what it entails, which is a feat in itself - I don't deal well with surprises, but this is a fun one. My mom also emailed me this morning - 92 days to go! It's amazing - we were well over 200 when we got engaged. I thought I had the big day on my mind before? It's even worse now, but in a good way.

We're both so excited, and things are getting checked off the to-do list left and right. I finally ordered my linens. This was my biggest annoyance because I've never had to care about linens before. But I found a very helpful vendor who gave me a lot of great ideas. I also ordered the photo book to be used as a guest book. I made it with our engagement photos using snapfish. I can't wait to see it in person.

I've got a lot of biggies on my plate - invitations have to go out in just a few weeks, so they have to get stuffed an addressed. I have to order and assemble the favors, find my jewelry, and schedule my fittings. Mr. Kingston doesn't have a ring yet, so I have to get him to pick one. Not to mention, I have to finish out my summer school term. While I have no doubt the last three months of our engagement will be fun, I'm starting to see where the stress comes in.

Since I started planning, I've kept in mind that as long as we have a minister, a marriage license, the two of us, and our families, we would be married at the end of the day. The rest is just icing on the cake. But now, I'm starting to worry that everything I've planned isn't good enough. Are my centerpieces cheesy? Do I need decor for the ballroom? Should I have done flowers for the aisle? And the big one: what am I forgetting? We have a walk-through with the coordinator at the wedding venue next weekend, and I hope it'll help me relax. I only saw the place once, so it doesn't surprise me that I'm a little anxious about how the room will look. I know that no matter what, everything will be alright, but the novice planner in me is starting to show her nerves.

No comments: