Thursday, July 16, 2009

Let the count-down begin!

We have reached the 3 Month mark!! It's amazing to me how fast the time has flown by. It's going to be very strange for me to say, "I'm getting married in 2 months and so-many days." I'm sure it'll feel even more surreal this time next month.

Not much new going on. Still waiting to hear our move-in date for the new apartment. Mr. Kingston's ring should be here today or tomorrow, along with some other exciting stuff I ordered. We're doing our buffet entree tasting at the wedding venue on Saturday, along with a walk through. I'm hoping to get a bunch of questions about set-up and logistics answered. I have a paper due for school on Monday, and then I only have 11 days left in this term. It'll be nice to have a 3 week break from studying and papers.

We staged a behavior intervention for Paisley. She started out as a timid puppy, but is now known to be a bold, aggressive little barker. Since we intend to get another puggle after the wedding, we want to try to train these bad behaviors out of her so she doesn't pass them on. In speaking with trainers, it was suggested that we re-establish dominance so she doesn't feel she has to defend us constantly. It's been three days, and she's been doing really well. She's been much more obedient, and has barked at someone only once on her trips outside. Even then, she calmed down immediately when I gave her a firm "quiet." She's also been sitting and staying on her bed while we eat instead of standing at our feet begging. Dinnertime is much more enjoyable now. I hope this is the beginning to a positive change for all of us.

No comments: