I'm not the only one who gets something out of blogging either. There are well over 100 million blogs out there in cyberspace, and I regularly follow only about 20 of them. So I thought I'd share some of my favorites, and maybe you'll read them or even be inspired to strike up one of your own.
- Kelly's Korner: Kelly's blog and her daughter are adorable. She hosts a frequent segment called "Show Us Your Life" and readers submit links to photos regarding various topics such as their bridal showers or sections of their homes. She also takes prayer requests. She's just a Southern girl with a good heart, and I enjoy reading about her experiences with playdates and entertaining. http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/
- Jaye's Cooking Days: Jaye is a fellow knottie (http://www.theknot.com/) who recently married and was inspired by an abundance of apples left over from her centerpieces to start a cooking blog. Mr. Kingston and I have tried a few of her recipes, with her Turkey Stuffed Peppers becoming a frequent favorite. http://www.jayescookingdays.blogspot.com/
- Bake at 350: I discovered this one very recently, and it's all delicious eye candy. She makes the most adorable cookies, and provides pictures, recipes, and how-to's. http://www.bakeat350.blogspot.com/
- Mommy Wants Vodka: An absolutely hilarious blog written by a retired-at-26 former nurse who now stays home with her three children. Aunt Becky was a winner of the 2009 funniest blog award, and it's well deserved. http://www.mommywantsvodka.com/
- Cakewrecks: The other winner of the 2009 funniest blog award features cake disasters in all forms. Cakewrecks fans have been known to intentionally copy wrecks and use them as inside jokes for friends. http://www.cakewrecks.blogspot.com/
- Ashley Brooke Designs: I discovered this gem through another blog (Blue-Eyed Bride) and fell in love with the designs. One of these days, I will have to splurge and treat myself to some fabulous custom made notecards. She also features great etiquette tid-bits, and we all know how much I love etiquette. http://www.ashleybrookedesigns.blogspot.com/
I must be nesting already, because I'm already drawn to anything having to do with baking, entertaining and creating a cozy home. I also love to read my real-life friend's blog about her Brown Eyed Girls. I haven't put a link here because it's more of a private blog, while the others I've listed are more public (Kelly's Korner has had nearly 8 million visits since January 2008).
So those are a few of my favorites - just blogs I like to read on my lunch break or when I get home in the evening to unwind. Sometimes they provide inspiration for my own blah-ging, and sometimes they lead me to wedding planning inspiration. Other times, they're just another silly thing I do.
In other news, 49 days to go!! The scoops and champagne glasses arrived and I am in LOVE. Thanks to etsy.com (another great website just filled with handmade crafts) seller onehautehostess for a fabulous job well done!