Monday, April 30, 2012

May Resolutions

I've been thinking lately that I want to do some things in my life better, make some resolutions. I didn't make resolutions in December for the New Year because quite frankly, I was still trying to survive emotionally. I'm in a better place now, where I feel I'm coming out of a sort of haze and I can start focusing on things that make me happier and feel more well-rounded. I've been doing little things to be happier, but they were more like busy work, distractions. What I want now is things to focus on, and not just do blindly because they keep me from feeling bored or sad.

So here are my May Resolutions:
  • Be a better friend. I'm pretty darn lucky in the friend department. I have friends all over the place - real-life friends, blog buddies, girls from my message boards. I appreciate them all. What I don't feel I do enough of is reaching out to them. I've never been great at initiating conversations or keeping up with correspondence. But in the last eight months, when life has just feel so HARD sometimes, there have been ladies who really went above and beyond to let me know they were there. And I need to do that more, because it meant so much to me. I'm not the only one with problems, the only one who needs an e-hug. Everyone needs them, in good times and in bad. I'm going to focus on being that person for more people more often.
  • Work on my advisor skills. I have six lia sophia shows scheduled in May (and actually already have 2 done) and this month has the potential to really set the tone of my business for the next several months. I want to work harder at being a great advisor for my hostesses and making sure they get all the best benefits through better communication with their guests. I had two shows this weekend and didn't feel as prepared as I should have for Saturday, so I'm going to focus on giving myself more preparation time and not getting my shit together on the fly.
  • Get organized. Dan and I have talked about rearranging the kitchen and making more space in the cabinets for my baking stuff. We used to have a dresser in the dining room with my pans and everything in it, but we got rid of it, and now we need to make better space. Also, we still haven't started on building my craft room work space, and that would really help with organizing a lot of the stuff I have scattered about the house. I just feel that, in general, I need to have a better sense of everything having its place.
  • Be healthier. I have a few health-related items on my 101 in 1001, and I want to focus on being serious about those. More water, more moving, better food choices on the weekends. We tend to do really well during the week with our protein-and-a-veggie meals, and then the weekend comes and we're busy and I'm tried of cooking. I need to focus on having more leftovers at the end of the week and - you know - actually eating them.

2 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

Good for you! Good luck!

Shana said...

For what it's worth...I think you are a wonderful friend!