Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Free Your Mind Monday... the finale

Yeah, I know, it's Tuesday.

I've reached the end of the list of questions. I'm not sure my mind really feels freed by this exercise, honestly. I didn't feel particularly torn by any of them, and none of them really required any deep thought. But oh, well. Maybe my expectations were too high.

46. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you? Not much, honestly. I'm thankful to have reached some arbitrary age in life where people's opinions hopefully don't matter as much, and if they do, I remember that their life isn't affected by what I do. So I don't think I'd change much about what I do, say, or am just based on the notion of being free from criticism.

47. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing? Just now. (see, deep questions)

48. What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love? Always first and foremost, I love my husband. I wouldn't be the relatively sane person I am without him. I love my family and my friends, my dogs (babies!!), and my home. I try to show them all love every day.

49. In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that? Probably not, since it’s a fairly arbitrary day. I think it’s fine to not remember every day in detail if there’s nothing monumental about it. I’d rather save my memory for the important stuff.

50. Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you? At this stage of my life, my decisions directly affect only me and my husband. Therefore, we make them together. I don’t believe he makes decisions for me, or vice versa. We make decisions for us. There may be compromise at times, but I'm thankful that I met a partner in life who sees eye to eye with me, and thus far, I've never had to "sign off" on a decision that I couldn't be happy with.

And done.

No comments: