Monday, May 24, 2010

Wrecked

OMG, OMG!! Guess who's coming to Tempe, Arizona on a book tour in June? Cake Wrecks, that's who! And who loooooves Cake Wrecks? I do! I'm wicked excited. I love Cake Wrecks. If you have no clue what I'm talking about, I'll tell ya: basically, readers send in pics of professional cakes they find that are just wrong in the most awesome ways. Misspellings, icing that looks like poo, carrot jockies. Cake Wrecks fans have even been known make their own replica or oringinal wrecks to gift to fellow fans. It's simply awesome. And did I mention they're coming to Tempe? Yay! Here's a delicious sample of what the Cake Wrecks blog features on the daily:
My favorite feature is the comparison between what a customer (usually a bride) ordered, and what she got:


See, fabulous and hilarious!

That'd be the cover of the book I'll be having signed on June 21st.

The best part is, they have a contest at their book tour stops. The best cupcake-sized replica of a wreck wins fame and prizes, along with bragging rights.

So, are you a Cake Wrecks fan? Any ideas of which wreck I should try to replicate?

3 comments:

Salt said...

LOVE CAKE WRECKS!!!! WTF is going on in the second and third picture? What is that creature?

I think that might be my favorite one ever.

Meghan said...

This is so super cool! And what is that darling creature cake all about???

Anonymous said...

I love Cake Wrecks too. There was a turkey once that looked like penis-shaped poo. I think that was my favorite.