Monday, February 15, 2010

A perfect Monday

Today when I got home from work, I had a very nice surprise: Dan was already home. For a second I was worried that he'd come home early because he felt sick (he's got my cold now, too), but when he came bounding down the stairs with both dogs' leashes in hand, I decided otherwise. It was so sweet to be greeted by my three favorite "people."

After we'd walked the dogs, we went inside and he asked "so what do you want to do?" It dawned on me that we've never both been home at 5pm before. We decided we'd go check out the apartment complex gym. Despite feeling crappy, being active sounded enticing. Unfortunately, it was closed, so we went back home, grabbed the dogs and took them on a nice long walk. It was so relaxing just walking along, talking and laughing. Usually we're both so tired when we get home, but today we felt so refreshed.

After our walk, I made our delicious (and I mean delicious) BBQ chicken pizza. Add a spinach salad, glass of wine for me, and a Heineken for the mister, and we had ourselves a perfect meal.

So this is kind of a boring post, but it was truly the perfect end to a ho-hum Monday. Now if only this darn cold would go away...

4 comments:

JMJE said...

Hey, that sounds like an awesome day. I'm also checking out your meal plans as I really need to do that. I usually go to the grocery store way too many times per week.

Mr. Puggle® said...

bet the dogs loved it. what cute names. puggles are the best!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like such a nice night. It's snowing right now and we were just talking about making an early break for it and spending a little quality time together with our dogs.

Salt said...

I hear you...I'm still fighting a cold also.
It does sound like you guys had a perfect day! Sometimes it doesn't have to be much to make it special. I know I always relish in the fact that I get to spend time with M when he's home at a reasonable hour. It's a rare thing. :)