Saturday, February 20, 2010

Ode to Clover


Clover turned 6 months old on Thursday, and we've now had her for four months. So I thought I would do a special post about her and what we've learned out about our littlest furry girl in her first six months of life.

She's stubborn, tenacious, and persistant. Let me tell you, that girl is all beagle when it comes to will power. I think it's part of our house-breaking issue. She wants what she wants when she wants it. If she doesn't want to be held, she'll nip. Out on walks, if she finds something she wants and I make her leave it, she'll remember where it was and try to go for it when we come back around.

She's sweet, but not cuddly. She's a sweetie, but in a different way than Paisley. She'll stand by the door and wait for us, and she'll get excited when we get home, but she's not a cuddler. Though she'll snuggle up close when she's sleepy, she's not the lap dog Paisley is. She constantly loves on Paisley though, even if she doesn't love on us. When I'm up with them in the mornings, she's more likely to stay in the room with me.

She's smart and inquisitive. I read somewhere that smart dogs use their paws. She uses hers all the time. Like I said, she'll remember where things are on walks. She's more likely to explore than Paisley. She picked up on some commands much faster, too. She's figured out how to distract Paisley from a bone to steal it for herself.

She's funny. Just watching her, we can't help but laugh sometimes. She'll watch you and cock her head to the side. She loves to rip out grass and shake it vigorously. Because her tail has remained straight and therefore a visible distraction, she's always trying to catch it, and she'll try until she's dizzy.

Though she may have me frustrated at times with the house breaking and whining (she still hates that crate with a passion), she is a wonderful little addition to our family.


Happy belated half birthday, Clover! We love you!

5 comments:

Amanda @ It's Blogworthy said...

What a sweet baby! Happy birthday little lady. :)

Anonymous said...

She's so adorable! Happy birthday girlie.

Claudya Martinez said...

She is very cute! Happy half birthday to her.

Meghan said...

She is so adorable! I so want a dog:)

Salt said...

I can't believe you have already had her for 6 months!! It seems like yesterday that little Cloverfield Monster came to live with you. She's so adorable and I know she'll just have to get that housebreaking thing sooner (or later, but hopefully sooner).