Monday, July 19, 2010

Bring on the pain!

Almost a year since my first trip to boot camp, I'm headed back today! While I feel sad and a little ashamed that even have to go back, I'm excited for a change. I've told myself it's just one month. One month as a jump start to better eating, more exercise, and feeling better about myself. I'm going balls to the wall with this one. I did my grocery shopping yesterday and I'm stocked up on lean proteins, salads, fruit and veggies, and the makings of my new daily breakfast sandwich (whole wheat bagel thins, 2 egg whites and turkey sausage). So while this won't be turning into a fitness blog, I will be holding myself accountable and my healthy yummy meals. If anyone is interested in keeping track of their healthy eating, I use SparkPeople. Also, if you're interested in a blog that shares recipes amd great healthy food ideas with pictures along with the every day life of a newlywed, check out Brie Fit. Anywho, we're moving on to...

Meal Plan Monday!!

Monday: I never made that roast beef last week, but I picked up one last night for a great price and popped it in the slow cooker this morning. We'll have it with steamed brocollo

Tuesday: Chicken with brown rice and veggies

Wednesday: Left-over pot roast with black beans and fajita veggies a la Chipotle

Thursday: Crock pot chicken with cream of mushroom soup and asparagus

Friday: Thursday used to be the splurge at Dos Gringos day, but it's probably being moved to Friday.

I also need to start factoring in Saturday and Sunday. We eat breakfast and lunch at home usually - cereal and sandwiches or left overs - but we need to be better about dinner.

And speaking of Saturday and Sunday, we had a great weekend! We'd considered going to Tucson for the weekend but instead decided to stay home. After 4 straight weekends of celebrating Father's Day, my birthday, 4th of July and then family in town, we needed a break. It was so nice to spend time with my husband and almost no one else after the last few busy weekends. We went to see Despicable Me on Saturday in the early afternoon. it was very cute - Dan had been wanting to see it since he first saw the little girl ask "does this count as annoying?" and smack her cheeks. There were some great jokes and the movie was sweet. After the movie, we went for sushi and a couple of drinks. After running a couple of errands, we were hot hot hot so we loaded up the pups and went to my in-laws' house to swim.

Sunday we had lunch out and then Dan treated me to ice cream, my "last hurrah" treat before boot camp. We took it easy and I took Clover to meet the puppy we'll be watching next week. While I was gone, Dan did some house cleaning and then I went grocery shopping and run a couple more errands. It feels to nice to start Monday with all that done. I'll only need to pick up some veggies later in the week, but other than that, we're all set!

Keep me in your thoughts later, please. Tonight is going to be rough. I feel that I have the advantage of knowing the pain I'm in for, but it's still going to be hot and miserable. I haven't been active in far too long and the hour of my life between 5:15 and 6:15 will be a tough one. It's all going to be very worth it, though.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I lived near you...I would definitely join in the bootcamp torture with you. As it is, I'm getting my ass out of the house for a run/walk tonight when I get home. Good luck tonight...can't wait to hear about it tomorrow.

Salt said...

I'm still boooo'ing over this a bit. ;)
I wish I could go work out with you!!

Unknown said...

way to go Brooke, and yes you will be in pain but it is supposed to be a good kind of pain, isn't it?

You are motivating me to get back on track with meal planning and cooking some real meals. It is a good week for me to start too.