Monday, July 26, 2010

Monday Musings

A little touch of randomness to start the week.
  • Our little house guest, Max, has been sooooo good. He needs to teach Clover a thing or two about going potty only outside. After he ate this morning he ran to the door like a good boy! I was impressed. Paisley would rather he wasn't around. She'll start to sniff him when he's playing with Clover, and the second he turns his attention on her, she runs away. She spent a lot of time "hiding out" on our laps this weekend. Don't worry, Pais, only 4 more days. Here's Clover with her little buddy.

  • I've had weeeeeeird and vivid dreams lately. The most random things. Like about this famlboyantly gay manager in our office. I dreamt I was the only one who knew he was gay and had to keep his secret. I'm terrified of this guy - he's not the person you want showing up at your desk. Or at least my desk. If he shows up, something is terribly wrong. So having a dream that I'm keeping his secret is very odd.


  • Also, I woke up with "Don't Cry For Me, Argentina" stuck in my head. Totally random. I don't even really like Madonna that much and I've never seen Evita, the play/movie about Eva Peron that the song is from (for those of you living under a rock). I posted this on Facebook, and someone informed me that today is the anniversary of Eva's death. Can we say creepy? Perhaps I'm haunted.


  • I made almost 9 dozen pink ribbon cookies this weekend. A knottie friend of mine is doing the 3 Day Race for the Cure in Baltimore and is using bake sales to fundraise. I offered to donate cookies and figured I'd get about 6 dozen out of my recipe and was happy to get far more. I still have to package them so I can ship them, but I love them. Dan even helped fill them yesterday, then gave creative input for the overlapping lines. Cute, huh?


  • I also went to boot camp on Saturday. My arms and shoulders are still sore from all the over head weight lifting we did, but I'm excited to go today. I was pretty good with the eating this weekend, too. We did our Friday happy hour and I had my taco but avoiding eating too much shell. We ate Subway and at home on Saturday, and had another cheat meal last night. Other than that, I was good, and much better than I usually am on the weekends.

Meal Plan Monday is going to have to be postponed to tomorrow. There's no way I've gotten that far in my thinking yet. Hope you all have a great Monday!

1 comment:

donatelli98 said...

Good job on the cookies - I am impressed with Dan's pastry sous chef skills!