Monday, July 5, 2010

The One Where I've Got Nothing

Okay, so it's been a while since I've posted. Whoooops. Not much going on though, so I would have just bored anyone with a lot of nothing. So you're welcome for not posting.

Last week was so long. It was seriously the longest ever. My friends at work took me to lunch again on Friday for my belated birthday, which was super sweet of them and very awesome. On Saturday, Dan and I were lazy. He hasn't felt too well and Saturday he pretty much stuck close to home. He did get out and wash both cars though. I can always count on him to keep my car clean. In the evening, he offered to take me to Native New Yorker for dinner. And then... I realized the UFC fight was on. Sneaky sneaky, Dan. As it turns out, our friends were headed to another bar to watch the fight so we met up with them instead.

Yesterday was American's birthday, and we celebrated with our friends Scott and Melissa and a bunch of other friends. Scott and Melissa's daughter Kadence is now 10 months old and it's amazing how much she's changed. She's waving and bouncing and cruising and completely irresistable. They surprised me with a birthday gift of a bunch of cookies cutters (yay!) and a delicious dessert. They're such wonderful people - we're really so fortunate to have great friends.

I'm stuck at work today while most of the office is at home. It's nice since it's quiet and lacking in distractions, but it's also a little too quiet. I've got cupcakes to make tomorrow night for a birthday (pink lemonade cupcakes!) and then the wedding cake is due in only 5 days! The bride is so excited, and talking to her is reminding me of all the anticipation before my own wedding. It really brings the mood up to be around someone who's literally glowing from head to pedicured toe.

At the end of this week - well, Wednesday actually - Dan's brother, David, and his fiance, Alex, will be here. It'll be a long weekend of swimming, BBQing and drinking. It's kind of a mess when they're here - with people visiting my in-laws' house all day, but it'll be a really fun Kingston family bonding weekend. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing them, and I know that Dan really misses seeing his brother.

Anyone have anything fun going on this week?

1 comment:

Salt said...

Absolutely NOTHING. I think a lot of people are in kind of this summertime blahfest right now. I almost didn't even post today because I feel like I've completely run out of things to talk about.

I'm glad you guys had a great holiday though! You better post pics of that cake!