Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Pink Lemonade Cupcakes

This week, the admin whose birthday cake I made last week asked me to make a cake for the admin who ordered her cake. Oy, confusing. In talking about what she wanted, she decided that she thought cupcakes would be fun instead. The birthday girl has been talking about how she's craving lemon cookies, so we decided on lemon cupcakes and I liked the idea of pink lemonade a a summery treat. So I made these:



I got to use my cute pink cupcake tower again. That thing is going to get a lot of use. I love the sugar pearl sprinkles. They remind me of bubbles, which goes well with the pink lemonade inspriation. All these babies are missing are an umbrella and a straw. In other news, there are about 32-67 sugar pearls under my oven. Oops.
So this is random, but it struck me as odd this morning. Does it amaze anyone else that there are still payphones in 2010? Anyone? I pulled in to get gas this morning and there was a woman using a payphone. It had me kind of surprised. I realize that not everyone in the world has a cell phone, but a payphone in 2010 is akin to an original Nintendo game console in my mind. The last time I used one, my sister and I were at the zoo with our babysitter. Our sitter called her dad collect to come get us. She must have spent all her money on Sno Cones or something. Mom, did you know about that? Anyway, I think it's very strange that they still exist, much less get used. Or maybe I'm just too Generation Y.
Is there something that the mere continued existence of baffles you?
And again with the spacing. Sorry folks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those cupcakes look scrumptious.

Funny you should mention payphones. There are pay phones in Grand Central Station still. I walk by them every day, but I never noticed them. The other night I was waiting for my train to be assigned a track and I happened to be standing near the phones. I wondered if they actually worked and who would use them. Then I remembered that about two years ago, I was in GCT with a dead cell phone and I needed to let J know what time to pick me up. I was desperate and used the pay phones. That was the last time I ever saw someone use one.

donatelli98 said...

Yes it seems weird they are still around. Your cupcaks are so pretty. You'll have to show me how to do the frosting like that. Mine never turn out that cute.

Salt said...

I WANT THEM!!!! They look amazing, lady!