Monday, January 18, 2010

Meal Plan Monday Jan. 18

In an effort to reduce the temptation to eat not-so-good choices and to streamline my grocery shopping, I'm instating Meal Plan Mondays. I'll be posting what we'll eat for dinners Monday through Friday. Maybe something I post will sound good and spark an idea for your own dinner plan. And if you have any suggestions for me, I'd love to hear them. Please feel free to share ideas or recipes.

So here's what we're eating this week:

Monday: Turkey kielbasa with sauerkraut, steamed broccoli and sweet potatoes.
Tuesday: Baked chicken with fresh green beans and wild brown rice
Wednesday: Broiled steak, sauteed asparagus, spinach salad
Thursday: Whole wheat spaghetti with fresh veggies (mushrooms, zucchini, bell peppers, onion, squash)
Friday: Leftover spaghetti

Just as an FYI, my lunches generally consist of leftovers from the night before. On Thursday this week, I may not have leftovers, so I'll make a big spinach salad and have a sandwich or something. Breakfast is tricky - I crave carbs in the morning and I know it. I try to eat fat-free cottage cheese and fruit for a snack (when I'm being good, which I haven't lately). I have a huge tub of protein powder left from my boot camp days, so I'm going to have shakes this week for my early morning meal.

So hopefully this will help me not only stay accountable, but keep me from looking in the fridge and wondering what's for dinner. It's all been decided :) I promise not to beat myself up if I slip, but I have a goal of sticking to my meal plan and I don't want to let myself down. I need to remember that if I do slip early in the day, the rest of the day is not a waste. I didn't want to make a weight loss goal, but I'd love to get down a size or two, and I'm not going to forget that goal. Healthy consistent eating is the first step.

Anyone else care to share their meal plan? Leave a link in the comments. Have a great week!

No comments: