Thursday, August 13, 2009

Cute stuff...

...I find it. I'm the best at finding cute stuff. Or at least I'm feeling like the best at it right now. Last night, I was working my web-surfing magic, and found these adorable candy scoops for the centerpieces:

The girl who makes them agreed to make one with purple beads for each table, along with champagne glasses for toasting. Considering the fact that my plan was to just tie a purple ribbon around plain scoops and call it a day, this is a brilliant deal for only $1 more per scoop.

I also found the rest of my jewelry: earrings and a bracelet. Don't know if I posted about the earrings before, but here they are. I'd been waiting for them to be in stock and finally got them!



I had debated a necklace, but decided that with the detailing on my dress, it might be a it much. Since I don't normally wear much jewelry and a bracelet and earrings is already more than I wear on an average day, I think I'm all set. So that concludes the shopping for me!
It's been a long week, luckily I'm off tomorrow. Boot camp on Monday and Tuesday was brutal, and I have no doubt today will be too. I'm amazed I wasn't very sore. I've decided to sign up for another 4 week session. I don't feel like I'm seeing physical results just yet, but it's only been 3 weeks and it's all part of a plan to jump start a healthier life style. I've also kept up with my kickboxing and healthy eating (for the most part - I have to still live, right?) and am feeling better than I have in a while. The water and exercise are doing great things for my skin and over-all well being.
We've started getting RSVP's and its so sweet that many people have written nice little notes on them - saying they can't wait to come or that they're excited to see us. I hadn't thought about saving them before, but now I'm thinking I'm going to have to. For someone who's not sentimental about many things, I'm sure going a big gooey one over little pieces of card stock.
Tomorrow is Mr. Kingston's big test for his journeyman's license, and I hope he does really well. I know that most of his days are so busy, and there's not a lot of time or energy left to study. I know that it's weighing heavily on his mind today. Please send good thoughts his way!










1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the scoops, you are so clever! Can't wait for the real thing. Tell Mr. K I wish him the best for tomorrow -he'll do well, I am sure

Mom