Monday, March 26, 2012

Happy (?) Monday, everyone! We had a great weekend in Tucson celebrating my mom's birthday. We had a fun dinner out, watched (er, I slept through) a movie, went antique store shopping, and just hung out. It was great. Yesterday when we got home, Dan actually agreed to go see The Hunger Games with me and it.was.awesome! Loved it. I thought they did a great job with the adaptation, and I can't wait for the other movies. Even better, Dan can't wait. He actually liked it and asked me in the car on the way home what happens in the next book.

So, I was reading Amanda's blog this morning and she recounted this hilarious conversation she had with her husband, and I thought I'd share a funny little conversation Dan and I had in the car. To set the scene, we were driving to Tucson and we were south of Phoenix in an area that's just an expanse of desert as far as the eye can see. I'm sure you all picture Arizona as nothing but desert anyway, so you're probably wondering why I would tell you there's desert in Arizona, because duh, right? Anyway, desert. And in the middle of this desert stands one single horse, which I glanced during an anti-motion sickness break from Angry Birds Space. So I got all excited and was like, "ooooh, a horse!"

Dan: Yeah, it's probably a wild horse

Me: What, there are no wild horses in Arizona!

Dan: Yes there are, there are a ton near Lake Pleasant and we've seen wild donkeys near Scott and Melissa's

Me: But that's like an hour from here

Dan: I'm telling you, they're out there. They roam.

Me: But, wouldn't all the wild horses have been rounded up and claimed by now? Is that a dumb question?


Yeah, apparently, I think there was some arbitrary time at which point the horses should have all been round up and taken in by someone somewhere. Anyway, it might have been funnier if you were there, because these kinds of conversations usually are, but it was definitely one of my Jessica Simpson "is this chicken what I have, or is this fish?" moments. And speaking of Jessica Simpson and horses, WTF is she gestating? A pony? She's been pregnant for like a year by now.

Okay, I'm done with the randomness for now. I'll be back later to free my mind.

2 comments:

Shana said...

I have those Jessica Simpson moments all the time. It's gotten to the point where J has given me a 7 second rule. When I'm about to say something that I'm not entirely sure of I have to wait 7 seconds...and if it still makes sense I can say it. If I say it before the 7 seconds and it's completly dumb, he is allowed to tease me about it mercilessly for the rest of our lives.

Amanda @ It's Blogworthy said...

Oh for sure that's a Jessica Simpson moment, but I have thema ll the time! It's amazing what your brain will come up with on a car ride!