Monday, March 12, 2012

Free Your Mind... Double Up

I didn't free my mind last Monday. Last week was just nuts with work and I just didn't get to it. So I'm doubling up today and posting a whopping 10 questions.

21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton? Joyful simpleton. I've never been a genius, though, so I guess I don't have that to compare to. I do know I don't like to be worried or stressed, though, so to be joyful - even if I am an idiot - seems preferable.

22. Why are you, you? Because of my parents, my sister, my husband, my friends, my past boyfriends. Everyone I’ve met, and every life experience I’ve had has shaped me into who I am today. I'm also me because of my values, my goals, and preferences. I'm me because I'm no one else, simply and obviously put.

23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend? Most times. I hope to improve on my friend-being skills. I'm not always good at keeping up with communication. I think of my friends often, and rather than reaching out to see how they are or just to say "hello," my joyful simpleton brain moves on to the next subject. I need to be better at acting on my thoughts to reach out and say hello, make lunch plans, or send a card to let them know they're in my thoughts.

24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you? It’s more unfortunate to lose touch with a close-by friend because there’s no real reason. If someone moves away, I think there's more of an "out of sight, out of mind affect." Unfortunately, there's more of an excuse - you can't easily get together to do the things you used to do. So when you grow apart from someone who lives close by, it is more unfortunate.

25. What are you most grateful for? My marriage. First and foremost, every day and every night, I am grateful for Dan and our relationship. I'd be lost without him.

26. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones? I'd rather not be able to make new ones. If I lost the old ones, I wouldn't have the knowledge to avoid making mistakes a second time.

27. Is it possible to know the truth without challenging it first? Yes. In some ways, truth is relative. In matters of the heart, you can know your truth without having to prove or justify it.

28. Has your greatest fear ever come true? Unfortunately, my greatest fear to this point in my life has come true. I'm surviving it daily. I suppose now something else will in time become my greatest fear and I'll deal with that coming true if and when that happens.

29. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Yes. My nature is such that I remember when extremely upsetting times. Five years from now, I'll remember this particular upsetting time. I won't still be as upset, and the pain won't be as deep, but I won't ever forget it.

30. What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special? I remember playing baseball in the yard with my dad when I was really small. I’d make him crawl around the bases so I could have time to retrieve the ball and tag him out. It’s special because it was so carefree, and because I think I knew then what a great father he was. It was just one of my favorite things to do with him, and thinking of it always bring a smile to my face.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep 'em coming! I depend on you to help me free my mind.(where would I be without you???) Thanks for sharing.