Monday, March 26, 2012

Free Your Mind Monday

It's time for the next installment of Free Your Mind Monday. Thankfully, these questions aren't as lame as last week's.

36. Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil? Yes. By whatever design you believe in, we were all given a moral compass, and I believe we know what is right and wrong without having to be told which is which.

37. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job? Yes, but only because I’d use the money to get myself into a job I love. I'd find a way to have my own business of some sort or use the money to pay bills that this job pays for while I pursue a dream.

38. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing? I would absolutely rather be spending more time and effort doing something I love than do half the work when I feel only "meh" about it.

39. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before? Sometimes, in some ways. Mondays seem to always feel the same. There is a lot of life that is consistent, but that's not necessarily bad. I know that today, like most days, I'll go home, make dinner, eat with Dan, chat about our day, cuddle the pups, and kiss them all before I fall asleep. There's nothing wrong with any of that. There are, however, mundane things about every day life that make it feel repetitive in a boring way, but that's life.

40. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in? Dating Dan, honestly. He was so very different than anyone else I’d ever dated, yet I just had such a connection with him. I couldn't put my finger on what had me so drawn to him, but I followed my gut and my heart and it was the best thing I've ever done. I had so many thoughts about the guy I should be with, and on paper, Dan wasn't many of them. I'd glad I threw away my list and allowed myself to love who I love.

1 comment:

PinkieBling said...

Love, love, love that last paragraph. Good for you guys!!

I agree with 37-39. I agree with 36, too, but I think there can be gray area with "right vs. wrong," SOMETIMES, where there is none with "good vs. evil." I don't know if that makes any sense.