Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Happy 101


Aw, my dear Salt gave me an award. I get to tell 10 things that make me happy and then award 10 other bloggers who make me happy. This award is all about the happy.
1. Mr. Kingston. Of course he makes me happy, he's my husband. And today we've been married 2 months. He's an amazingly loving and giving man and I'm truly blessed to have him in my life.
2. My family. I love being with my parents and my sister. And having Mr. K's family in the mix is wonderful too. I'm looking so forward to spending time with my parents, sister, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins next weekend for Christmas
3. Holidays. They really make me happy. I love the joys of the season and the cheer in the air. There's no more magical time of year than the holiday season.
4. My Murano. I know, it's just a car. But I love it. And the fact that Mr. K gave up his truckso I could have it is humbling and makes me feel like a very lucky girl.
5. The puppies. Aw, my Paisley and my Clover. I love them so much. They get on my nerves and try my patience, but when they curl up on my lap and give kisses or squeal at the door when I come home, I'm happy.
6. Getting mail. There's something special getting cards and letters in mail. It may be part of why I like to holidays so much - it's fun to open the mailbox and get cards from family and friends.
7. Friends. My friends make me happy. I love taking the time to catch up with them and spend time chatting and being girls. At this point in my life, I have a wonderful group of friends and that's a great feeling.
8. Making cookies. There's something very peaceful about when I'm decorating cookies. It's all I'm thinking about, so any worries or stressed disappear. Bonus happy feelings when people like them.
9. Jackets. Oh, how I love jackets. If I had an unlimited budget, I'd fill an entire closet with them. I get excited when I come across a cute one at a reasonable price. Being able to wear them makes me extremely happy - I love the cozy feeling of being warm in a pretty coat when it's chilly out.
10. Music. At the end of the day when I get in the car and can listen to music, I instantly feel better. Turning on my favorite station or popping in a great CD help ease me into home-mode. Music is great for my soul.
Okay, so now I get to tag 10 bloggers. As you can see, I only have about 10 followers, so I'll name just a few, and then people like my Momma can leave their 10 Happies in the comments (if you'd like).
Shannon, Mrs. ESPN, Brie, Aunt Becky, and all my new followers :)

No comments: