Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Week

Happy Monday! I can't believe Christmas week is here. Only 4 days to go - it blows my mind how quickly time is passing. All year I waited and waited and waited until October and it took what felt like forever, and now it's almost the end of December. Craziness.

This weekend was fun. I was off on Friday and pretty much hung out. I had lunch with my friend Kristi and then took a much needed nap. I was invited to another department's Christmas party - they were gracious enough to include me, since I'm just a poor tax girl with a tiny department that doesn't do a lot of fun stuff. We had yummy apps, a white elephant exchange, played games, and then went to the dog track for the closing weekend. We had a drink and hung out with my coworkers a bit before heading home to watch Christmas Vacation.

Saturday, I went to Mrs. ESPN's to decorate cookies. It was very nice meeting some of her friends and chatting and drinking wine. After decorating, I met Mr. K at our friends' house for pizza and gifts. They have a new baby, so we picked out 1st Christmas PJs for her and a cute Rockstar set for her older brother. Their kids are just wonderful and sweet, and I hadn't seen them in a while so it was fun to hang out. And as a bonus, our friend M put pencil to tracing paper and worked on my tattoo design. It's beautiful and I can't wait to see the color version later this week.

Yesterday was fun as well, though I honestly woke up (at 4:30, thanks to some pups) on the wrong side of the bed. We were lazy in the morning and then went Christmas shopping. I'm finally finished!! And I'm done wrapping, too. We even found our first Christmas ornament and got some delicious chicken wings. It ended up being a nice day.

This will be an exciting week. Work will be a breeze, just a few things to wrap up and prepare for my return in January. My aunt flies in from New York today, and Mija will be here late tomorrow night. We have a potluck tomorrow for dinner at a coworker's house. Wednesday I'm off and will take time to just chill, then celebrate Christmas with Mr. K's parents.

We're debating when to head to Tucson. I think it'd be nice to wake up in our home on our first Christmas, but I also love being at my parents' house early in the morning. But Mr. K has to work Christmas Eve and won't be home until probably 6:30, so I think we'll end up just making a special dinner and staying at home. Then we'll head to Tucson Christmas day and be there until Sunday with my family. I'm really looking forward to Christmas with them and my husband.

For now, I'm off to take Paisley to the vet. Again. For an ear infection. I swear she's in a competition for the most expensive Puggle of 2009.
I hope everyone has safe travels, a wonderful Christmas, and a Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh poor Paisley!! You know what's interesting...when we first got Grover, Oskar had several vet trips for various illnesses. He NEVER went to the vet except for regular checkups before that.

It sounds like you guys are going to have a wonderful holiday. :) We are supposed to go up to Pennsylvania to have Christmas with M's family, but the weather might not be so good (more snow possibly) so we will have to figure something else out in that case.

Do you get off all next week?? LUCKY!