Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I make baking look good

I have to admit, I was inspired by Salt for this post. She recently wrote a blog post on aprons and how cute and chic they've become. I remember my mom's aprons growing up, and the styles of today have evolved while still incorporating 50's flair. Salt and I both love to bake and so between the two of us, we've spent some time googling and Etsy-ing to find fashionable and functional vintage insprired aprons. She's listed her favorites here.

And here are my favorites, all from Etsy:



This is from Bambinoamore. Love the black and white with a pop of pink, although admittedly not crazy about the sweetheart neckline. The nice thing about Etsy is that often times, if you see something you like but have an idea on how to make it more perfect for your taste, the sellers are willing to work with you. Black and white and damask are ultra-popular right now. The shop uses a variety of colors in coordination with the damask, and they're all cute. Of course, I also came across these in their shop, which are almost irresistable. They might make a cute gift for our groomsman and his tattoo artist girlfriend, or perhaps for a Dia de los Muertos party.


Boojiboo is another shop with a bunch of lovely options. What's sweeter than cupcakes? Baking cupcakes in this (notice the KitchenAid mixer in the background? I love you, KitchenAid mixer):



Or, if you're going retro with an apron to begin with, you might as well go all the way with a vintage pinup design. I personally really like pinup art and love the accent fabric in black and white.



I think this one is my favorite so far. It's from SevenSistersSales. I love the pleating at the bottom and the fun pattern combination. I might have to put this baby on my Christmas list.




Of course, I must plug a great Etsy seller, Michaelangela. Angela made my wedding day hoodie and I just looooved it. She was great to work with on customization, and she got my hoodie to me in no time. The font on my hoodie was from this cute creation:



She also has this festive apron perfect for holiday baking:

I also happen to love monograms and personlization, so if you want something more uniquely you, Michaelangela would be more than happy to help with that. Or there are these cute bubbly aprons from shopmemento. They even come in matching Mommy and Me styles.



I wish you happy (and stylish) baking!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE it!! Awesome find on the Bambinoamore Etsy. I am absolutely in love with those coasters (and I'm thinking I need them). Mike would LOVE them and they kinda sorta are in line with the decor of our apartment.

I have seriously become obsessed with aprons. I'm going to have to link this post through my blog!! It's so perfect and you have fabulous taste!!

I also think I'm going to have to contact Michaelangela because I'm 100% jealous of your wedding day hoodie.