Thursday, August 26, 2010

M-I-C-K-E-Y...

M-O-U-S-E!! Not long ago, we watched my coworker's puppy, Max, for about a week while they went on vacation in California. While at Disneyland, my coworker's adorable kids saw a Mickey Mouse cookie cutter and decided I just had to have it. Apparently, my coworker didn't bring it into me soon enough, because her daughter reminded her: "take Brooke her present so she can make us cookies!" So this past Sunday, I made these guys:

I was going to decorate them, but then I decided the kids might have more fun if I provided the frosting and let them do it themselves. So I gave the kids DIY Mickey Cookies with Frosting Cups. I did them for Max's owners, Mrs. ESPN's girls, and the daughter of another coworker, who calls me "The Cookie Lady." Mrs. ESPN's daughters sent me the cutest little thank you notes along with some artwork. I'm so glad they loved their cookies.

I've had a couple other cookie projects this week as well. I'm making the 1st birthday cake for our friends Scott and Melissa's daughter, Kadence. The day they asked me to make the cake, Kadence was wearing a super cute baby pink outfit with chocolate brown polka dots and embellished with baby pink, hot pink, and brown flowers. I decided it would be my inspiration for her cake. I plan to do a 2-tier baby pink cake with hot pink and brown dots and flower cookie pops coming out the top. Last night, I did the cookie pops, along with about 3 dozen extra flower cookies for the party. Love that hot pink!!

Lastly, a coworker emailed me yesterday and asked if I ship my cookies. When I told her I could and told her about pricing and all that, she told me she'd like a dozen cookies for her nieces delivered on Saturday... to Michigan. Which meant I had to do them last night and ship them this morning. If it hadn't been for the dogs needing to get done, I probably would have waited on Kadence's cookie pops, but I'm glad to have them out of the way. My coworker wanted dogs with collars matching her nieces' birthday party invitation - purple, hot pink (double duty!), and green. They're simple, but I think they came out pretty cute. I also had fun packaging them and personalizing them for each of her four nieces. I hope they have a very happy birthday!


Aside from the cake, that's it for major projects for at least a little while. I've been approached for a baby shower cake as well as bridal shower cookies that I'm really excited about. I'm hoping to launch my new cookie project blog here soon, so stay tuned!

3 comments:

Aunt Becky said...

ZOMG. I WANT A SUGAR COOKIE NOW. Like, HARD.

donatelli98 said...

Wow - girlfriend you have been busy. Let me know if you need an assistant when you launch your new blog.

Amanda @ It's Blogworthy said...

Have I mentioned lately that your cookies impress the pants off me? They are so cute!