- I need to update my blog roll. I'm missing some of my new favorite blogs and others have new links. I'm just plain lazy.
- We're having issues with our power going out repeatedly. I'm dreading a repeat of last summer's Air Conditioning debacle. I really don't have the energy to fight with them over proper repairs. They came in to "fix" it Friday and I'm making them come back today. Poor Dan has ended up showering in the dark pretty much every night for a week thanks to the awful timing of the outage. I'm also worried it'll go out during the day and we'll lose all our food. The dogs are happy though - I send them to PetsMart when people have to come in for repairs, so this is their second trip to Doggie Day Camp in 6 days. Okay, maybe that's noteworthy.
- Though I've been productive this week, concentration and motivation are hard to come by. My tasks this week are tedious (audit data gathering, anyone?) It has been somewhat good for me though - there are a couple of things that weren't tied up by my coworker before he left on vacation, so I got to be the bright shiny star by fixing it all. Go me!
- I'm not enthused with my father-in-law's behavior this past weekend. We went over there to celebrate my mother-in-law's birthday and early Father's Day with them and he was kind of a jerk, as per usual. It gets very tiring. I guess we should just be happy he was in a decent mood this time.
- Speaking of Father's Day, my parents are coming up for the weekend on Saturday. We're going canoeing at the lake and my mom is going to help me with ganache, since I didn't do it last weekend. I'm excited to spend time with them.
- I think I need to break up with a friend and am not quite sure how to do it. She's been wearing on me for a while, but I guess I feel like I need justification for why if she asks, and I don't really have much. Hmmmm.
- I turn 29 in 11 days. Weird.
- I told you a coworker asked me to do cookies as like a real life order, right? There's actually a funny story to it. The coworker and I worked together as teenaged lifeguard back in the day. She was a huuuuge bitch and part of this clique at work. I, of course, wanted nothing to do with them, so I was an outcast. It was "unfair" that I got the good days off because I coached synchornized swimming at the pool, so they decided that was grounds to be assholes to me all summer. Pardon my french, y'all. Anyway, when this coworker and I recognized each other and put 2 and 2 together, it was a little awkward to say the least. So it was surprising that she asked me to make cookies for her brother's graduation from pharmacy school. But I think they came out nicely, don't you?
Anyway, that's my boring week so far. I'm really looking forward to the weekend. Anyone have any fun plans?