Friday, June 11, 2010

Flossin' and ganache-in'

Holy moly! How is it Friday already?! This week has been crazy busy, and I've been stressed, which means I've been sleeping. A lot. Like, in bed by 9pm every night, and that's usually after I fall asleep on the couch around 8pm. Then Lovely Assistant Husband Dan wakes me up, I scowl at him and march to bed. It's fun. I do feel quite rested despite the stress.

This morning, I got to go a magical place called the dentist. They have shiny tools and miny water guns and ::ouch!!:: what the helllll? Okay, the dentist sucks. I hate the dentist. I mean, really? Who likes going to the dentist? No one. If you say you do, you're lying. Or Angelina Jolie/Octomom. She probably likes it. Weirdo. Anyway, I have a new reason to dislike my dentist, as kind as he is. I need crowns. Like 4 of them. And possibly root canals. Apparently, 4 of my fillings should have been determined by my previous dentist to be too big to be filled and I should have gotten crowns back then. Awesome. So I need 4 in the next couple years, and one he recommends I have done "sooner rather than later." They even made me sign something saying I understand that I've been advised to get a crown. This is serious. I didn't even get my first cavity until I was 18 and then I got 5 more in a row, and then haven't had any more for 5 years. So I have managed to forget the horror of having my teeth drilled and am not looking forward to being reintroduced to it. I'm scared, y'all.

Anyfloss, we don't have big plans this weekend. I need to work on the cookie order i have due a week from today, and I also have another big project. Another coworker asked me to make her wedding cake, folks. For a wedding a month from yesterday. Eeep! Thankfully, she's very laid back and it's a small wedding. She said to think of it as more of a birthday cake. Still, she wants chocolate ganache, which I haven't worked with before, so I need to practice with it. If anyone has tips to share, bring them on!

What are you up to this weekend?

3 comments:

JMJE said...

Awesome that you get to make a wedding cake but I have never done ganache so I probably would not be any help. I also really do not like the dentist. I had a bad experience there last year.

donatelli98 said...

Hate the dentist too and mine is super sweet - her name is Dr. Angel (no joke!). Have always hated the dentist. Just had another filling a couple weeks ago. Good luck with the crowns! I can't wait to hear how the ganache turns out. Is it too early to start referring to you as my work neighbor?

Anonymous said...

Wow - a wedding cake. I can't wait to see how that comes out. I'm sure you will do an amazing job!