Monday, February 13, 2012

PJs at TJ's and Free Your Mind Monday

Morning, all! I'm a hot mess today. I forgot my phone and my badge to get into the office. I forgot to leave Dan my check for my car payment, and I'm sure I'll discover I forgot something else at some point today. It's a great start to Monday, eh? I had a really fun weekend, though. I went to PJs at TJ's, hosted by Temerity Jane, which means I got to cross off #34 on my 101 in 1001. I got to meet some wonderful fellow bloggers (and a couple of their super cute kiddos), relax, enjoy girl talk, and wear my pajamas for most of a day - let's not kid ourselves though. Me wearing pajamas for 24+ hours is not all that uncommon. All in all, it was really fun, and I highly recommend attending a blog gathering if you ever have the opportunity.

Last week, I started my Free Your Mind Monday, inspired by Shana. Today brings you the second installment of my 50 Questions to Free Your Mind:

6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich? Baking and crafting – anything to be creative and gift people with things I put heart into. I'm most happy when I'm doing something that fulfills my urge to bring ideas to fruition with something tangible and hopefully fun.

7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing? I think I’m doing what I believe in. Part of my growth in the last 5 years has been to do what makes me (and Dan) happy and make no apologies. You're never going to please everyone, but what's most important is that I go to bed at night knowing I'm happy and have nothing to regret.

8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? I’d spend more time on vacation, enjoying silence. I’d read more, laugh more, and cuddle more.

9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken? A lot I think. I’ve made some tough decisions over the last ten years, and gotten myself out of some rough spots. There's a certain amount of life that one can't control, and I've tried to make the best possible decisions for the situation I was in. I haven't always done things the way I would now looking back with hindsight, but I own it and try to learn from it.

10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things? Both. I don’t think anyone wants to do things wrong. However, I’m not willing to compromise my integrity just to get an answer “right.” Doing the right thing would win out over doing things right. I’m the only one who has to live with my actions.

No comments: