Oooops. I was off yesterday, and I spent most of my day putting down the first color on my tone-on-tone striped purple craft room walls. Most of the color, anyway. I didn't pull out the ladder, so Dan has the top 2 or so feet of each wall to finish. Then we'll tape off the stripes and lay down the darker shade, hopefully resulting in pure yummy purpley magic like I've been imagining in my head. The time I didn't spend painting was spent preparing to paint and taking a post-painting nap on the couch with the dogs. Fabulous.
We spent part of our weekend at the body art expo. Dan's leg piece took 3rd place! We were so excited for our artist, because it really is a fantastically clean piece of art. Body art expos are some amazing people watching. I get wanting to show off your ink, but some people were literally walking around in loin cloths and lingerie to show their skin. Craziness. And suspension artists - ick, gross. I'd seen it on TV, but it's much worse in person.
I also had 3 lia sophia shows in 4 days - one at my house hosted by my mother-in-law, and two others for friends. I did pretty well, and so did my hostesses. At the meeting last night, I took #10 in the division's top sellers for January, and it was just for a starter show, which I didn't even actually present at. Based on my sales so far in February, I stand to close out somewhere in the #4-6 range. Booyah!
Speaking of lia sophia, Amanda's show closes tomorrow, so get those orders in!
Alright, onto my next set of mind-freeing questions:
11. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do? Having recently been the subject of unjustified shit-talking, I can answer this with confidence. And not only because of that, but the experience solidified what I knew was the right answer. At the very least, I’d tell them that they don’t know the whole story and while I respect them as my friends, I think they’ve got it wrong and they should get the whole story (or gasp, TALK to the subject,, even) before talking about her behind her back. And then I'd remove myself. It's hurtful having people talk about you.
12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be? Live to have no regrets. It sounds hefty and dull, but I think it's all-encompassing in life. Do what makes you happy, own it, learn from mistakes you make, and don't ever feel like you have to justify your life choices to anyone else. When you go to sleep at night, be happy with that you did that day. Live life so that when you're on your death bed, there is no thinking, "I wish I had...."
13. Would you break the law to save a loved one? Yes. I mean, it would suck to go to jail, but what would suck more is living the rest of my life knowing I could have saved someone else.
14. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity? All true creativity is the result of some radical, “insane” idea.
15. What’s something you know you do differently than most people? I think compared to a lot of people I know, I’m not much of a risk taker. I value mental and physical comfort as well as certainty.
There we have it. I can feel my mind shaking free already.