Friday, October 15, 2010

Wedding recap: Details and DIY

As I said, I had a lot of fun playing with the details of our wedding, and I love how everything came together. Here are some of the fun details of our wedding:

My purple shoes from Chinese Laundry and garter from Etsy seller Creative Bridal Solutions. The seller custom ordered the motorycle charm for me and added it to the garter.


Our champagne glasses from One Haute Hostess. She also made the candy scoops that went on our centerpieces. You can't actually see the scoop in this picture, but they were on the table to get the jordan almonds out of the over sized wine glass.


We collected and saved wine bottles from the time we got engaged. We made sure the labels were distinct and could be read from a distance. The table names were the name on the label. Our head table was Wild Horse, the Pinot Noir the night we got engaged.


I made the giant monogram letters from paper mache-ish letters I bought from Joann Fabrics. The topper on the cake was my parents'. We also used their cake knife.

Our birdcage cardholder that I customized by adding ribbon and a DIY sign. Easy peasy. Bonus: it now doubles as decoration in our home.

I also made our favors. The adults got rock candy in our colors with "You Rock! Thanks for celebrating with us" tags. I made cookies for the kids - wedding cakes and big green hearts. Kids also got a little scavenger hunt that I titled "I Spy With My Little Wedding Eye."



Lastly, my jewelry and handbag. I ordered the earrings and hair combs from White Aisle and my bracelet was my grandmother's. The blue handbag was made by my grandmother for a family friend for her wedding in 1968. The friend sent the handbag to me as a shower gift.






Unique weddings are all about personal touches. They don't have to be expensive or flashy. They just have to be meaningful.

2 comments:

Shana said...

Your details were gorgeous and I love how personal you made everything. I also agree about the expensive part...when my brother got married, their wedding planner was all about buying this and paying more for that. The things that ended up being the biggest hit with the guests were the things that we made ourselves.

BTW - I blogged about you again today.

JMJE said...

I love all your details and colors (cause they are also my faves). The cake is so awesome looking. I wanted to wear purple shoes but I ended up with lame ivory ones. I should have done the purple.