Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The next time I'm in jail...

As I was driving into work this morning, a particular sign caught my eye. I couldn't take a picture of it because I was too busy texting - just kiiiiding, calm down, Mom - but I'll give you the gist. It looked kinda like this

IN JAIL?
Calling Collect to Cell Phones
Save up to 70% With
602-xxx-xxxx
Hmmmmm. I'm trying to figure out who the target market is here. Clearly, if you're in jail, you're not driving down 24th St. in Phoenix and looking at this sign. Secondly, even if this sign were posted in a jail, is saving the recipient of your collect call 70% really on the top of the priority list? Do they even give you a choice? I wonder if people actually write down this number to keep handy for their next time in slammer. I can just imagine that the next time I'm in jail, the first thing I'll be thinking is "awwww, shoooooot!! I forgot that number to save Dan 70% on this call! Stupid!" Hopefully he'd still bail me out, but it's pretty questionable considering how thoughtless not saving him money was.

1 comment:

Amanda @ It's Blogworthy said...

This is tremendous.

"Well, Brooke, I'd love to bail you out but I just can't afford it now that you refused to use that number to call collect."