I'm stealing this from Brie and Temerity Jane, because I am just not that creative with the wrap-up stuff. P.S. You're about to see one recurring theme. Fair warning.
Edited because I apparently was too tired to be posting and didn't make sense on some of my answers. Plus I forgot links.
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before? I pretty much did everything this year as a wife for the first time. I visited Baltimore, and met Salt. My sister and I threw our parents a party, rather than the other way around. I earned a Master's degree. I was asked to be maid of honor, not once, but twice.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't make resolutions, really, so I guess not. This year, I need to make some though: I need to get down about 20 more pounds, and I need to get off blood pressure medication.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Nope, but some fabulous bloggers, Amanda, Jenny, and Kallay welcomed their babies!
4. Did anyone close to you die? No
5. What countries did you visit? I didn't travel outside the U.S. this year
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? A baby, please.
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Alright, confession time. Dan and I started trying to start a family on May 12th. Honestly, nothing else really stands out as a significant date. 2009 was big for us, and I'm okay with 2010 being a little more on the mellow side.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I graduated with my Master's degree in May.
9. What was your biggest failure? I'm feeling pretty bummed that there's no baby Kingston on the way at this point.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Sort of. I had a cold that lead to an ear infection that lead to the discovery of a severe vitamin D deficiency and high blood pressure.
11. What was the best thing you bought? This is lame, but the aquarium for the turtles. Before we got it, I was cleaning their little container twice a week. I'm so much happier now. I can't think of anything else.
12. Where did most of your money go? Savings and paying off bills.
13. What did you get really excited about? Starting a family.
14. What song will always remind you of 2010? California Girls
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? About the same
– thinner or fatter? Fatter. :(
– richer or poorer? Richer, in every way
16. What do you wish you’d done more of? Traveling. I wish I could have gone to visit my sister in Seattle.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of? Worrying
18. How did you spend Christmas? Like this
19. What was your favorite TV program? Old: The Office. New: Worst Cooks in America
20. What were your favorite books of the year? This is bad, but I can't think of one book I read this year, other than the South Beach Book and some random chick lit.
21. What was your favorite music from this year? I discovered Lady Gaga this year
22. What were your favorite films of the year? The Town, Despicable Me
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Went to dinner with friends and family. I turned 29
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? A baby (see, recurring theme)
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? I discovered tall boots. Finally.
26. What kept you sane? My husband
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010. I'm not always funny when I think I am.