Friday, November 12, 2010

The worst thing possible

Day 06: Something you hope you never have to do

The absolutely worst thing I can think of that anyone would ever have to do is lose a child. Losing anyone you love is awful, but I can't imagine losing a child. I don't have children, so I don't even have an understanding of that sort of love for another person, but I imagine that it's the most incredible thing in the world. To lose that person has to be the most devastating thing. I've read the stories of women who miscarry, deliver still babies, and bury their children, and they always bring me immense sadness. I hope that in my lifetime, I am spared that experience, and I wish for peace for those parents who have to endure life's greatest loss.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I keep seeing this 30 Days of Truth and it's intriguing to me. Thank you for your honesty and most of all, compassion. Miscarriage is definitely not something I would wish on anyone. It is absolutely life altering.