Friday, June 19, 2009

A little more about us

Mr. Kingston and I met at a co-ed baby shower for a mutual friend. He spotted me from afar and was blown away by my knowledge of celebrity babies. I noticed a tall guy with a lot of tattoos and kind eyes. I didn't think much of it though - all the younger guys were kind of over the whole baby shower thing and had segregated themselves. Apparently though, just as he'd gotten the courage to come over and talk to me, I left for dinner plans. He asked our friend for my contact info and we eventually connected on myspace a week later. We made plans and had our first date at Cheesecake Factory.

We dated casually fow a couple months since we were both in school, lived far apart, and didn't have a lot of free time. We can both be shy and we just enjoyed getting to know each other. I knew he was special when on my birthday. Not only did he show up to my get-together at Dave & Buster's where he wouldn't know anyone alone, he brought me gift cards for Starbucks and PetSmart. For having only been dating for about 6 weeks, it struck me as very thoughtful, and I knew coming took him out of his comfort zone since he hadn't met any of my friends. When my semester was over, we started dating more seriously and became inseparable pretty quickly. We found so much we enjoyed doing together: wine tasting, Dave & Buster's, playing Wii and Xbox, taking Paisley to the dog park.

We started talking about getting engaged on Christmas Day. A week later we began shopping for rings, and we were engaged on January 25th. He asked for my parents blessing the night before, and popped the question while we were dancing in our pajamas after making dinner together. It was perfect.

No comments: