I'm going to link up with the fabulous Shana this week and give you my random musings. Because if I didn't, I don't think I have anything that constitutes a blog post right now.
1. Dan and I have officially purchased our third vehicle in less than three years. There was my Murano in May 2009 when we were engaged, Dan's Lexus in October 2010 after the hail storm that turned Phoenix into an insurance claim nightmare, and now the new truck. It's pretty rad, I have to say. I'm not a Chevy girl normally (I love me my Nissans), but this 4-door Silverado is a sweet ride. It's roomy and hauly (is that a word?) and oh so pretty. Dan gave up his old 2-door Silverado to get my Murano (awwwww) (wait, I have a bigger awww: his project truck, a 70-something Chevy, was sold to buy my engagement ring. I didn't realize it at the time because we hadn't even talked marriage yet. But that's what it became) and has been talking about trading in his teensy car for a month or so. Seriously, you should have seen him in his IS300 - you'd have never guessed that someone who is 6'5" would be able to fold himself into it. But he did, and he loved it, but he was ready for a change.
2. There has been so much effing drama in our group of friends lately. There are a lot of hurt feelings and some damaged friendships. Dan and I have been unfairly accused of withholding information and it's been really hurtful. It royally sucks.
3. This weekend is going to be busy busy, buuuuusy. But in a good way. I have a meeting with some ladies to get my own lia sophia company started in the morning, then a tattoo session (are you freaking out, Mom?) at noon. Then in the evening, we want to go see the hot balloon glow in a downtown nearby. It's part of a long seasonal even with a lot of lights, but I've never seen this balloon glow finale, and I'm excited. And on Sunday, we're celebrating a friend's birthday with mini golf and giant beers. The two go well together.
4. I'm selling Girl Scout cookies for a friend's kid. I have an awesome sign outside my cube, and the fact that I don't have kids myself seems to be drawing extra attention which leads to extra sales. Cha-ching. I may or may not have told some people I'm the world's oldest Brownie.
5. I'm wicked excited - irrationally so - that my new 2012 planner came. I got it with Amazon gift cards from Christmas and it's very cute. And, it matches my red Kindle cover. I'm so coordinated. And organized.
I'm off to judge a chili contest. Have a fabulous weekend!